COVID – 19
We have had to adapt our service to meet the needs of our existing and new scheme members living in Brighton, Hove and Worthing. We have also opened our service to neighbouring Adur during the COVID19 crisis. The majority of our existing 350+ scheme members are aged 80+. The majority have long term health conditions and for most our volunteers are their only regular social contact. We accept referrals for people aged 65+ living in these geographical areas providing they have limited existing social contacts and as a result are experiencing loneliness. Volunteers living in the geographical areas where we operate are welcome to join the team. The majority are working age but anyone aged 16+ is welcome to become a telephone befriender.
In response to the COVID19 crisis our service currently provides the following for people aged 65+ living in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing who are experiencing loneliness or who are in crisis because they do not have access to food:
- Telephone Befriending for older people. To make a referral click here
- Volunteer opportunities for telephone befriending: To apply click here
- Emergency food and supply packages including home cooked meals for older people in crisis and help to access long term shopping solutions. To make a referral click here
- Emergency information packs for older people: Please click here
- Emergency information packs for volunteers: Please click here