At Time to Talk Befriending we wholeheartedly believe that our elders should be honoured and respected – not forgotten. Yet there are literally thousands of older people living in our local neighborhoods who feel invisible and alone – its therefore time for change and here’s how you can do something about it!
The majority of our core costs are for front-line work– delivering and supporting; intergenerational befriending, signposting and advice, events and community outreach at a grassroots level. Every donation will support genuine be-friendships and help us to continue to deliver a sustainable solution to loneliness within our communities.
Please help us today so that we can help others – you too can make a difference! THANK YOU!
IDEAS FOR ONE OFF OR REGULAR GIVING:
- £2.50 could enable us to send a personalised birthday card or a get-well card to our elderly members, many of whom receive little or no birthday cards anymore.
- £6.00 could help us provide a professionally cooked Christmas meal on Christmas day with a befriender who visits and helps to heat up the meal.
- £12.00 pays towards food and transport enabling older people to attend our weekly intergenerational group befriending event where school children host, cater and chat with older people (we run in partnership with a local school and a local community church).
- £15 could pay for us to process a new befriending volunteer’s reference checks so they can visit a lonely older person in their own home (we process at least a 100 of these a year)
- £45 a month could help us provide personalised befriending for a year, so an older person receives home visits with a trained befriender, on-going advice and support from the staff team in reconnecting to local activities and services and birthday and get well cards.
- £78 pays for an induction held every 4-6 weeks for 10+ intergenerational volunteers to become befrienders; our befrienders are aged 16 to 80.
- £520.00 enables us to fully support a befriending match from the initial referral and initial volunteer enquiry throughout their befriending experience, which typically lasts the duration of an older person’s life time (the average age of our members is 82).